Monday, June 6, 2011

Foreign Affairs

So ladies,

It's about time we start doing some serious planning for this trip, the Great Italian Adventure, which has been too long time in the dreaming stage. Time to shift things up a notch! I thought we could use this blog to store and share ideas, images, articles and reviews that we can then draw on to make this dream a reality.

I've made you all blog administrators so you can post to it yourselves. Have a play with it and let me know if you need any tips. It's a private blog, only viewable by people we invite, so don't worry about your online presence - you can blog here in your trackies or pjs without judgment. ;-) Feel free to share the blog with like-minded souls (or you can ask me to invite them for you).

First up, a foodie tour that a good friend of mine recently did while in Italy and which I saw profiled on TV just the other day:

http://www.italiandays.it/index.php

Based in Bologna, the place of origin of these Italian delicacies, they take you to visit local producers of the famous Parmigiano Reggiano, Balsamic and Parma ham, local wines and more! Since food is shaped by place and people are shaped by food, what better way to get to know the locals?

 Image by Jessica Bain, 2011

I've invited my good friend Jess to tell us a bit more about this tour. (Jess, meet my Mum, Pauline, my sis, Juls and friend Kerrie, hopefully the first  readers and contributors to this blog!) Mum, perhaps you could post a report on your Italian language progress?! Juls, I was hoping you might share your famous tiramisu recipe as mouthwatering inspiration. And Kerrie, you promised to ask your friends about the villa they rented and report back. Next post from me: swimming the Amalfi Coast...

Ciao for now, bella bloggers!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment